Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Eastern Stories and Legends Reading Notes: Part A



See the source image

I read a lot about the Jataka Tales and I really enjoyed them so when I saw there was another reading about Jataka Tales, I couldn’t resist. This reading has the monkey and the crocodile story which I am very familiar with. I think I’ve said before how much I loved reading as a child (and now) and I used to have these children encyclopedia set of books. One of those books had a bunch of stories and Monkey and the Crocodile was one of those stories. For those people who are familiar with these stories and enjoyed them as children, I think they would like to here a retelling that keeps the similar aspects of the original but still unique. I think a lot of the problems with remakes is that they can’t live up to the original and yet they try to. Maybe changing the characters to humans, the situation, or the point of view the story is written will work.


Title: Eastern Stories and Legends
Author: Marie Shedlock
Year: 1920 (originally published in 1910)
Reading Link
Photo link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Seven Secrets of Vishnu Part B

Seven Secrets of Vishnu: Matsya I've loved looking at these videos so far because the ideas that it portrays. I would say that my fa...