Thursday, November 16, 2017

Eastern Stories and Legends Reading Notes: Part B


Like most of the Jatakas that I’ve read, Part B’s Reading is filled with stories that have a lesson behind it. This kind of reminds me of parables. One story that stuck out to me was The Man who Overcame All Obsticles. For what I got from the story was that a man made a grave mistake that could have killed all his friends but instead of freaking out and accepting his fate, he was able to think his way through it and solve his problems.

Title: Eastern Stories and Legends
Author: Marie Shedlock
Year: 1920 (originally published in 1910)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Seven Secrets of Vishnu Part B

Seven Secrets of Vishnu: Matsya I've loved looking at these videos so far because the ideas that it portrays. I would say that my fa...