Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Reading Notes: The Seven Secrets of Vishnu Part A

The Seven Secrets of Vishnu

The reason why I chose this video playlist was because of the title, The Seven Secrets of Vishnu. Titles like that really get people's attention and sometimes my titles fall flat so I that's something I need to work on. Watching these videos was not only informative be super interesting. I had no idea that Vishnu had a female form. I liked how they said that in Hindu mythology, they have two realities, a spiritual one and a material one. I am pretty sure my next story would be about Mohini and another reality. She is described and an enchantress and temptress which would be more fun to write about. I feel like she has the kind of personality that is lax on the strict rules we have seen in the protagonists the previous epics (like the Ramayana and the Mahabharata). 


Mohini's Secret

1 comment:

  1. Miriam, just a quick note to say that I am so glad you watched one of these videos: they are fabulous! And that story about Mohini shows up in the Mahabharata also, but not in the shorter versions we read for class. One of my projects for next summer is to put together a collection of really cool stories found in the Mahabharata (like Mohini, and so many other great side-stories) to add on as reading options for the class. Mohini is indeed the female Vishnu! I am glad you got to learn about that. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Notes: Seven Secrets of Vishnu Part B

Seven Secrets of Vishnu: Matsya I've loved looking at these videos so far because the ideas that it portrays. I would say that my fa...