Sunday, September 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Part D

Image result for sita steps in the fire
Sita Proves Her Purity


So the part of the Ramayana where they rescue Sita kind of pissed me off a little bit. I'll put some of my notes that I wrote down while reading.

  • Sita literally did nothing wrong and is accused of infidelity
    • Rama says it's improper to take her back after she is gone for a year
      • Like she said, how is it her fault that she is taken
      • why doesn't he choose her over what is "proper"?
        • does he not trust her?
          • if he knew her he would know that she wouldn't cheat on him
            • they are literally reincarnations that are MADE for each other
      • She has to step into a fire to PROVE that she is pure. 
        • What the heck? If he was taken, his purity would not be in question.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Reading Notes: Seven Secrets of Vishnu Part B

    Seven Secrets of Vishnu: Matsya I've loved looking at these videos so far because the ideas that it portrays. I would say that my fa...